There are two current consultations that may be of interest to bgen members ….
1. Views sought on the upcoming T Levels in Agriculture Land Management and Production (includes horticulture, tree management and floristry). For anyone not aware T Levels are being introduced in England from autumn 2020. They will sit aside A Levels (equivalent to 3 A levels) offering a technical qualification with work placements. Closing date for comments is 13th July 2020.
2. Have your say on the future of England’s trees and woodland. Government is asking everyone from professionals, organisations, and members of the public to give their views on the creation and management of the country’s trees, woodlands and forests.
The government is asking for views on:
• how to expand, protect and improve our public and private trees and woodlands,
• how best to further connect people to nature,
• the most effective way in which trees and woodlands can be created and managed to help combat climate change
• the increased role that trees and woodlands can play in supporting the economy,
The consultation closes on 11 Sept 2020 and will inform a new England Tree Strategy being published later in the year. https://consult.defra.gov.uk/forestry/england-tree-strategy/
Botany And Education, Ness Botanic Garden