Up to £34,000 per annum based on experience / 37.5 hours per week
RHS Garden Bridgewater, Salford Manchester
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), the UK’s leading gardening charity inspiring everyone to grow, is looking for an exceptional Education and Learning Manager at the new RHS Garden Bridgewater in Salford. The post-holder will implement the RHS’s Education Plan for learning at RHS Garden Bridgewater, ensuring the delivery of high quality learning activities and programmes.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Lead, develop and manage the RHS Bridgewater education and learning team to deliver and evaluate learning programmes for schools, young people and adults from foundation stage to further education, including financial management of a budget.
• Work with the Head of Education and Learning to develop and update the schools programme to create new high quality learning experiences across RHS gardens.
• In line with the RHS Education plan, develop and deliver a commercially viable short Courses and Workshops programme that delivers opportunities for people at all levels of horticultural and creative skills and ability.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to promote horticulture as a career.
• Liaise with internal departments and external organisations to build the profile of the educational visits, learning and adult learning programmes and to communicate impacts.
We are looking for an exceptional person able to work at both management and ‘hands on’ level, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, have a flexible and proactive approach with the resilience and motivation to seek continual improvement of the Education and Learning programme.
The role will report to the Head of RHS Garden Bridgewater and will work closely with the RHS Head of Education and Learning, particularly during the set-up phase of the project up to the formal opening of the garden.
All applications should be received by 4pm, on the closing date which is Friday, 11th October 2019
For further information and to apply, please visit the RHS website