Salary: £9.57 per hour (zero hours contract)
Contract Type: Short Term Appointment (STA)
Location: Wakehurst, West Sussex
Closing Date: 25/02/2018
Kew is the world’s leading botanic gardens, at the forefront of plant and fungal science, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a major visitor attraction. We want a world where plants and fungi are understood, valued and conserved – because our lives depend on them.
We use the power of our science and the rich diversity of our gardens and collections to provide knowledge, inspiration and understanding of why plants and fungi matter to everyone.
We’re looking for engaging, self-motivated people to help deliver events and activities on site at Wakehurst in West Sussex.
Our ideal candidate will be key in providing an energetic and engaging atmosphere for visitors in the programme of events. The role will help deliver a well organised and well-maintained programme supporting both the set up and de-rig of event infrastructure.
Main tasks include:
– Meeting and greeting visitors, providing information on the event and encouraging participation in the activities
– Proactively engaging with visitors responding to their needs as appropriate
– Facilitating activities by giving instructions and handing out materials
– Preparing and maintaining resources
– Setting up and de-rig of events infrastructure and activities
– Passing on feedback to Programmes team
– Ensuring the event spaces are always maintained to the highest standards of presentation
– To be committed to good health and safety practice and ensure familiarity with event risk assessments
Please note: this role will include long periods of time standing up and the moving around of infrastructure and materials. Events assistants will be allocated to primarily assisting at events or rig and de-rig depending on strengths and preferences.
The salary will be £9.57 per hour. Hours will be available around our Events Programme in the build up, during and post events. The Programme of events is generally busier during school holidays.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a broad range of Learning and Development opportunities, with access to the Civil Service training curriculum, generous annual leave entitlement for new starters, family friendly policies, a choice of competitive pensions and flexible benefits scheme.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application through the online portal, by clicking “Apply for this job”.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post.
No agencies please.