What do members get?
bgen is a specialist support network for professional plant and natural world educators.
We help our members to connect people and plants in innovative and engaging ways.
bgen promotes and advances the delivery of education, learning and interpretation in the sector.
Our members represent more than 70 botanic gardens, zoos, arboreta, other environmental education institutions and consultants throughout the UK, Ireland and further afield.
bgen offers you and your organisation:
- An exciting annual conference with updates on current initiatives and lots of practical ideas to take back to your garden
- Training days focussing on essential topics such as evaluation, interpretation and plenty of networking opportunities
- Summer networking and training event
- Connection with other members through the website and exclusive closed Facebook group
Be the first to hear about special rates for:
- Our essential annual conference
- At least four practical training events and seminars per year at gardens across the country
- Cost effective professional development opportunities for staff and volunteers
- Current vacancies in the sector
Be represented with:
- A national voice for botanical education and our members’ interests
- Partnerships with related organisations and initiatives, including PlantNetwork, and Botanic Gardens Conservation International
- Voting rights at BGEN General Meetings
Annual membership fees
|UK & Overseas|
|Individual membership||£ 30|
|Organisational membership (unlimited number of named members)||£ 110|
Additionally, all staff (paid or volunteer) at your organisation are entitled to attend bgen events at the member rate. Where only individual membership is held by a member(s) of an organisation, other colleagues pay the non-member rate to attend bgen events. Staff from organisations who are members of PlantNetwork are also entitled to attend events at the member’s rate.
Members agree to accept the Articles and Memorandum of Association for bgen as a Limited Company, and to act in accordance with its rules and regulations. These are available on request from the bgen Coordinator.